Vesta digital proportional valves guarantee easy control of air pressureJuly 8, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For six decades and counting, businesses around the world have benefited from pumps, valves, and gear motors by ODE – which brings these solutions to this country through ODE Valve Canada. Not only does the local company supply its own wares; it also distributes high-quality products from other manufacturers, such as Vesta Automation. A key example is Vestaʼs unique DPV series of digital proportional valves, or aluminum electronic pressure regulators.
From welding to plastic moulding
The Vesta DPV line can carry air, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, or oxygen and guarantees a stepless control of air pressure through proportional electric signals. Available with three port sizes – 1/8, ¼, or ½ of an inch (DPV18, DPV14, and DPV12 respectively) – these digital proportional valves come with easy computer interaction and operation setting, as well as a 24-volt DC power supply and various output signals and different electrical connections available.
Users can set the display of each unit in Mpa, Bar, or pounds per square inch. Digital communication that complies with Profibus, Modbus, and CC-Link standards is available on request. The series offers pressure ranges from 0.05 to nine Bar. DPV digital proportional valves work well for the following industrial applications:
- Plastic moulding, for securing application and control in extrusion;
- Winding and laminating, for friction roller precision deceleration and contact systems;
- Printing and packaging, for controlling contact winding rollers for precise paper tension;
- Lifting and handling, for exact manipulation and gripping, zero-gravity load manipulators;
- Welding, for maximum control in welding guns, approaching, and precision holding;
- Lapping and polishing, for precision holding in glass and marble surfaces and other special fields;
- Pneumatic system testing, for checking pressure ramps, leak proofing, and dynamic response; and
- Fluid process/medical, for precise adjustment of the pressure outputs of pumps.
The DPV line offers a maximum inlet pressure of ten Bar and a minimum inlet pressure of set pressure plus one. It has a protection class of IP65 and operates in ambient temperatures from zero to 50 degrees Celsius.
Trust ODE for the best solutions every time.
To learn more, contact ODE.