Vertical surface broaching machines by Ohio Broach offer advantagesJanuary 29, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The Ohio Broach & Machine Company has earned a wide client base across North America for world-class broaching. The firm also designs, constructs, and sells various models of broaching machinery for diverse needs, such as a series of heavy-duty vertical surface broaching machines. All are constructed at Ohio Broach’s Willoughby, OH plant.
These vertical machines are available with five to twenty-five ton capacity and strokes that range from 24 to 54 inches.
Vertical surface broaching machines are available in machine-tool grey or vista green as standard colours; clients are welcome to request other colours too. Every model has a standard voltage of 480/460, three phases, and 60 hertz, and alternative voltages are available too. The Ohio Broach team has designed these machines with these advantages:
- Hardened and ground steel ways. The company uses high carbon steel to build the machine ways in these vertical surface broaching machines. First, Ohio Broach hardens and tempers the steel. The next step is to grind the steel according to closely controlled tolerances, to ensure durability and a long operational lifespan.
- Hydraulics. These broaching machines employ high-performance, fixed-displacement vane pumps in tandem with other valves and controls. This design forms the bases of the standard machine drive system. This system model has reliable open-loop design, with the valves and pumps mounted onto a self-contained hydraulic reservoir.
- Lubrication system. Every one of these machines uses pressurized, individual point lubrication, without any “tree-type” lube circuits. Standard system features include low-reservoir-level indication, anti-start interlocking when the machine is in automatic control mode, and high-pressure indication for detecting impaired normal flow conditions.
- Machine frame. Ram-slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted upon a rigid base weldment, and the lower part of the weldment functions as a coolant reservoir for the machine. This allows a compact design that uses up a minimal amount of floor space.
- Precision ram slide. Ohio Broach makes ram slides out of close-grain, high-tensile, cast iron material. The surfaces are scraped by hand to achieve a precise fit and then flaked for the highest lubrication penetration.
For more information, contact Ohio Broach.