Various food-processing components are available from the Daemar lineupJune 24, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. has been providing essential components for industry since 1973, securing its place in Canada’s industrial landscape. The unsurpassed range covers a variety of sectors, from aerospace to oil and gas – and even food processing. For this demanding industry, Daemar offers an impressive lineup of food-processing components.
Shaft seals, bushings, retaining rings, compression packing, and more: Daemar has many great options for food and beverage plants.
Resistance to chemicals and wash-down
Food-processing components have to satisfy a tough field of customers. Because these work environments require a high sanitary standard, key criteria include resistance to the foods being manufactured, to the chemicals involved, and to the frequency of wash-down. Customers in this industry know they can rely on Daemar for cost-efficient, high-quality parts. These seals, O-rings, bushings, retaining rings, and shim are commonly used for valves, pumps, gearboxes, motors, and conveyors.
Major examples of Daemar food-processing components:
- Braided packing – Designed for rotating and reciprocating equipment and valves. Constructed from pure PTFE yarns lubricated with a food-grade break-in lubricant.
- PTFE encapsulated viton O-rings – Virtually chemically inert and compression-set-resistant that reduce downtime and boost productivity in harsh sealing environments in which corrosive liquids and gases may cause premature seal failure.
- Sanitary gaskets – These gaskets are built to seal clamp connections in sanitary pipelines and are available in a variety of FDA-compliant elastomers, fluoroelastomers, and Kalrez perfluoroelastomers.
- Self-lubricating bearings – Daemar FDA- and USDA-complaint bearings provide three off-the-shelf linear bearing options.
- Urethane belts – Custom-fabricated according to the customer’s requested size and supplied from cord stock, these belts can be bonded onsite. They are available in a variety of durometers and diameters, depending on the application.
- Wash-down bearing isolators – These protect rotating equipment by keeping lubrication in and contaminants out, which lowers the odds of machine failure and lost productivity.
- X-ray and metal detectable seals – Industry-specific seals that are compatible with any conveyor, pipeline, or free-fall detection system in the food-processing sector. An advantage is prevention of product recall, product loss, and distribution of contaminated goods.
For more information, contact Daemar.