UR+ cobot accessories add to the convenience of robot armsJanuary 13, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. teams up with Universal Robots (UR) to supply collaborative robot arms, or “cobots”, to Canadian businesses. Another series of solutions available is UR+ – a series of cobot accessories, add-ons, end-effectors, and more that boost the convenience, efficiency, productivity, and profit of these innovative robot tools.
Hundreds of these industry-leading products have been tested and approved by UR to work with its cobot solutions, adding faster deployment, simpler programming, and reliable operation.
For assembly, dispensing, finishing, more
UR+ is the premier product platform to help organizations to automate their operations in new, superior ways. It provides innovative solutions for a broad variety of uses, such as cobot accessories, grippers, vision systems, and software. Application kits help users streamline deployment for popular cobot applications by blending multiple components with software designed on the UR+ platform; examples of relevant applications include assembly, dispensing, finishing, machine tending, material handling, quality inspection, and welding.
The six main categories of UR+ solutions from Advanced Motion & Controls:
- Accessories – Cobot accessories help to achieve maximum use of cobots with cable guidance, protection, and tool changers to satisfy specific needs. The enormous selection includes extenders, arm clamps, feeders, sensors, and bumpers.
- End-effectors – A wide range of end-effectors, customized for use with UR cobots. Examples include active orbital kits, adaptive grippers, plug-and-play vacuum tools, gripper kits, and sanding kits.
- Handling grippers – A large, diverse group of grippers customized for cobots. Dozens of options available.
- Plug-ins and interfaces – These solutions make UR cobots do even more. Options range from cloud platforms and setup boxes to URCaps and copilots.
- Software – Appropriate software tools are essential to a complete automation solution. The UR+ group offers simulation and offline programming packages, plus standalone URCaps plugins to improve user experience with cobots.
- Vision – Many vision solutions that allow cobots to view, inspect, and follow user guidance. Examples: wrist cameras, localization sensors.
UR invites customers to join its UR+ Developer Program, which gives members access to the UR software platform.
For more information, contact Advanced Motion & Controls.