The wide variety of projects that Ohio Broachʼs skills can accomplishMarch 25, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The Ohio Broach & Machine Company has provided masterful broaching services for 64 years. Customer demand has remained high, and this has resulted in true versatility in the companyʼs skills. Hand tools, medical implants, cutting teeth, and more – the Ohio Broach team can cut and craft metal objects into virtually any shape that a client requests. This is how the company has earned a reputation for an ability to handle diverse projects.
Ten examples of past achievements
Since broaching is a necessary aspect for manufacturing many products, Ohio Broach has developed the skills to take on any broaching request. Here are examples of what the company has achieved in the past.
- Cast iron – Ohio Broach can process cast ductile-iron motor mounts and similar items in one pass with surface or internal broaching.
- Cutting teeth – It is easy to cut teeth into cutting and sawing tools with broaching. Ohio Broach once used “on the fly” broaching to make perfect triangular cutting teeth on pocket-knife saw blades.
- Hand tools – Broaching wrenches, medical hemostats, pliers, and more. Surface broaching works for plier jaws or wrench open ends, while box ends on wrenches can be broached internally, and joint areas on hemostats can be straddle-broached.
- Hexes and squares – The Ohio Broach crew can cut drill bits and other tools into squares and other shapes with “on the fly” broaching.
- Internal broaching – Traditional broaching, or cutting key ways, splines, grooves, or squares into brass, copper, steel, or aluminum.
- Irregular shapes – Broaching can make slots, angles, key ways, and radii in steel and other materials.
- Medical implants – Ohio Broach once broached stainless steel surgical implants on a machine that enabled varying lengths, in only two passes.
- Shaft slots – The company once broached slots in three transmission shafts on a patented shuttle in-feed table.
- Teeth and serrations – Ohio Broach can cut gear teeth of any size.
- T-shaped slots – “T” shapes can be cut into brass, steel, or copper machine components.
For more information, contact Ohio Broach.