The parts of the Kason VIBRO-BED device
Kason Corporation industrial solutions are now available from Firing Industries Ltd. – including the VIBRO-BED fluid bed processor. This versatile piece of equipment functions on the principle of fluidization, or subjecting small particles or granules of solids to a gas flow to convert the solid-like state of a static bed to a dynamic, fluid-like state. Businesses typically use the VIBRO-BED for drying, cooling, agglomeration, or de-agglomeration applications. To make these tasks work, Kason constructs this processor out of specific, carefully chosen components.
From heaters to control panels
The primary components of a Kason fluid bed processor, including the VIBRO-BED, can be classified as air supply, heater (if drying), air distributor plate, feed supply, dust separation, and collection and control panel – with optional spray manifolds, dehumidifiers, and external and internal agitation. Among the components of this solution from Firing Industries:
- Feed supply. Loads and feed material into the fluid bed system.
- Rotary valve. Controls the incoming feed and allows users to monitor and control the feed rate from a drum/tank/hopper into the processor.
- Exhaust outlet. Provides an outlet for the hot gases to leave the system.
- Air distributor plate. Helps to distribute air uniformly and stop material from falling below. Three types are available – standard perforated plate, wire mesh, and directional.
- Gyratory motors. These shake the processor vertically and horizontally, which helps to lower the pressure drop across the fluid bed, reduce the minimum fluidization speed, and move material in a spiral way.
- Spacer frame. Can be chosen according to the requirements of the application.
- Expansion chamber. Reduces the air velocity leaving the system, thereby preventing unnecessary material loss.
- Material discharge spout. Directs material out of the fluid bed; a weir helps adjust bed depth, and a plow gate facilitates fast material discharge.
- Blower/supply fan. Delivers fresh air into the system. A supply and return fan selection is crucial in a fluid bed dryer.
- Heater/cooler moisturizer. Helps to control the temperature and humidity of incoming air.
- Air inlet. Heater/cooler selection depends on the conditions from which air is delivered.
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at [email protected] or (877) 688-0974.