Sound level meter by Brüel & Kjær suits environments with dirt, grimeFebruary 17, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Brüel & Kjær is one of the world’s top manufacturers of industrial test and measurement solutions, which are available in Canada via Durham Instruments. One great tool is the B&K 2245 sound level meter – a robust, waterproof, and dust-resistant device recommended for work environments that have grit, grime, or inclement weather.
The B&K 2245 can easily be connected to a Smartphone through Wi-Fi, which enables use from any convenient location away from the sound field with an app control interface.
Noise Partner app included
Compliant with the IP55 standard, this sound level meter is a versatile unit that suits various tasks in many industries. Durham Instruments deems it suitable for use in general manufacturing, aerospace, automation, food processing, forestry, the medical sector, the military, mining, packaging, power generation, alternative energy, transportation, and research and development.
The customer receives this device with the Noise Partner app pre-installed. This app is designed for simple broadband measurement, general-purpose sound-pressure-level measurement, or basic occupational, product, or environmental noise measurement. Noise Partner required very little training; its capabilities can be controlled wirelessly to embed images, text or voice notes, or videos with measurements after it is downloaded onto a phone. Transfer of information to computers, wirelessly or with a supplied USB cable, is also possible.
Many scenarios and applications are enhanced by this sound level meter, like checking sound-pressure levels (e.g., to ensure that fire alarms meet regulations), broadband measurement that required instruments compliant with specific standards, and simple product testing to confirm other safety compliance. Among the other major features:
- built-in Li-Ion battery for more than 14 hours of operation
- colour LDC with a bright, clean layout, with important data displayed with a clear indication of measurement status with colour header
- integrated GPS for both time and location
- integrated Wi-Fi Bluetooth Low Energy for connection to mobile and PC apps
- measurement-status light ring, visible from any angle
- single measurement range from 15.2 to 140 decibels from typical noise floor to maximum level, A-weighted
- sixteen gigabytes of built-in storage for measurement and annotation
To learn more, contact Durham Instruments.