Proudly Canadian: Thermo-Kinetics manufactures all temperature sensors in-houseMarch 4, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
For almost 50 years, Thermo-Kinetics Measurement & Control has been one of Canada’s premier distributors of measurement and control solutions and is known for products by Honeywell, Krohne, and other major manufacturers. But Thermo-Kinetics itself is also a versatile Canadian manufacturing company. It makes a comprehensive line of products for temperature measurement and process control instrumentation.
Thermo-Kinetics’ product portfolio consists of a variety of innovative, value-driven measurement and process control solutions for customers in a wide range of industries, including steel, oil and gas, aerospace, and many more.
Extensive knowledge and experience
The Thermo-Kinetics team possesses extensive knowledge and experience that enables it to help customers find the right measurement and control solutions consistently and efficiently. Thermo-Kinetics has manufactured the following products in-house for almost 50 years; this is a testament to how reliable they are:
- Thermocouples. Temperature-sensing elements that operate on the principle that when two dissimilar metals are braised together and the junction is heated, they produce low voltage proportional to the temperature. Thermo-Kinetics offers reliable, accurate thermocouples and custom-makes elements according to customer specifications. In-house calibration available.
- Resistance temperature detectors (RTDs). These measure temperature by associating the resistance of the element with temperature. Thermo-Kinetics manufactures many sanitary RTDs. In-house calibration available.
- Thermowells. Principally used with thermocouples, RTDs, and bimetal thermometers in applications that require temperature measurements at pressures above 75 psig or in hostile environments.
- Protection tubes. Used to protect sensors, typically thermocouples, from contaminating atmospheres and mechanical damage.
- Transmitters and alarms. Thermo-Kinetics offers many different options to convert thermocouples, RTD potentiometers, or voltage inputs into a 4-20-mA output. Most transmitter models are microprocessor-based.
- Thermocouple and extension wire. A broad inventory of the most common calibrations and insulations of thermocouple and thermocouple-extension wire.
- TR6 resistance compensators. Electric compensators that correct temperature values of long downhole thermocouples (in excess of 400 metres) prone to errors due to higher loop resistances.
- Manifold valves. Economical and convenient mounting of pressure transmitters and switches.
- Accessories. Several models of mini and full-size plugs and jacks available, including two- and three-pole options.
Whether made by Thermo-Kinetics or another producer, there is a solution available for everything.
For more information, contact Thermo-Kinetics or call 1-800-268-0967.