Power plants can manage seasonal heat outages with Red-D-Arc’s helpSeptember 4, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Red-D-Arc Welderentals offers a wide range of equipment: not just welding machinery, but also diesel generators. These come in handy during heat waves, which increase the use of power-hungry amenities like HVAC equipment and reactor coolant systems. Power fluctuations can lead to hardware failure and subsequent downtime for hospitals, banks, or refineries. This is why reliable backup electrical generation can protect public health and infrastructure, for a steady stream of high-quality power.
Playing an indispensable role
Power plants, in particular, should rely on efficient emergency power backup sources to provide capacity during rising demand or supply fluctuation. Red-D-Arc’s generators play an indispensable role as supplemental power sources to stabilize grid reliability. Mobile diesel generators eliminate the extended use of emergency generators, with no need to depend entirely on the grid during rolling outages.
Among the advantageous features of Red-D-Arc diesel generators in these scenarios:
- Disaster utility. Utilities may shut down operations during natural disasters or weather events, pressuring the original power source. Rental power generators can serve as on-demand emergency-response systems, offering sustainable power from clean diesel fuel.
- Quick startup. Diesel engines offer environmental compliance and high load-carrying capacity. Users get superior performance, the ability to support transient power demands and quick startup (nearly ten seconds of power-grid failure).
- Constant, reliable power. Steady-state output power with minimal deviation within tight limits. The power does not dip with extreme fluctuations, eliminating the requirement for oversized generators and thereby preventing load inefficiencies.
- Clean fuel for the future. Diesel engine power generators use ultra-low sulfur diesel with less than 15 parts per million of sulfur.
- Low fuel consumption. Diesel generators are used for prime power applications in several integrated systems. Diesel electrical power generator sets are trustworthy supplements to primary power supplies.
- Portability. For some plants, permanent installations to resolve seasonal capacity issues many be impractical. Mobile temporary generators can meet insufficient conductive capacity.
- Durability. High-quality power-generation equipment can operate for thousands of days before its first major overhaul. These cost-efficient power sources can save installation charges when you reserve them from equipment rentals.
For more information, contact Red-D-Arc.