Paper and print machine belt solutions are available from Megadyne-JasonJuly 31, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Machine belt solutions are an essential need in manufacturing operations today, and Megadyne-Jason is the source to which Canada turns for the most potent options. The company supplies belts for equipment in a broad range of industries – construction, energy, agriculture, food processing, packaging, automation, forestry, the medical field, and the automotive sector. Another major industry that relies on Megadyne-Jason products is pulp and paper, especially the area of printing machinery.
From banking to mail
Megadyne-Jason paper and print belts are used throughout the complete production process in the industry, starting from the pulp stage and ending with the finishing processes of cutting, printing, and folding. Among the most common applications for these machine belt solutions are bindery equipment, mail-handling equipment, collating machines, and ticketing machines. These belts are especially useful in banking equipment, such as ATMs, card readers, bill and coin changers, and money and check sorters.
Because of its broad variety of standard and customized products, many customers in this specific sector link themselves with Megadyne-Jason. The selection of machine belt solutions offers something for virtually any specific application. The following belts are recommended for this industry:
- Timing belts – Four brands of timing belts that work for paper and print are the Isoran Platinum, Isoran Silver2, Megapower2, and HTB. Users can benefit from the Platinum’s “Dual Core” hybrid cord technology for high flex fatigue resistance, the Silver2’s high power transmission, the Megapower2’s unique moulding process, or the HTB’s capability with high-torque drives at low speeds.
- Flat belts – The PU Megaflat belt is effective for light power-transmission applications and moving lightweight items.
- V-belts – Megadyne-Jason recommends four UniMatch belts for the paper and print sector: UniMatch Classical; the UniMatch SP series of metric V-belts; UniMatch Cogged Raw-Edge Classical, and UniMatch Banded Classic V.
- Multi-rib belts – Options include Megarib and PV rubber-ribbed belts, which are low-noise, self-tracking belts with a compact drive design. Megarib belts can run at high speeds.
- Special and fabricated belts – Options here include covers, cleats, modifications, and PPJ systems for quick belt replacement.
For more information, contact Megadyne-Jason.