Ohio Broach serves many needs with vertical surface broaching machineMarch 22, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Assisting businesses across the continent as a convenient one-stop shop for all broaching needs, The Ohio Broach & Machine Company not only provides great broaching services, but also builds broaching machines – for its own use and for private sales. One example is the innovative RP/224 vertical surface broaching machine.
The Ohio Broach team can tailor this compact broaching machine in size, speed, and price to meet small broaching requirements for any customer.
Built for secondary machining operations
The RP/224 is a high-speed, solidly constructed piece of broaching equipment that uses up minimal floor space in any manufacturing facility, and Ohio Broach has designed and built it for flats, slots, surface contours, and other secondary machining operations. This vertical surface broaching machine has a two-foot stroke and two-ton capacity, which enable a broaching speed as high as 100 feet per minute (FPM), with a return speed of 200 FPM.
Among the many advantageous features of the RP/224 vertical surface broaching machine:
- carbon steel machine ways, coated with Moglice anti-stick bearing surface to extend lifespan;
- double cast iron guide block;
- easy setup for automated or hand-load applications;
- high-performance hydraulic pump, valves, and controls for reliable open-loop hydraulics;
- individual point pressurized lubrication system;
- operation with no need for any pit or platform;
- ram slides of close-grain, high-tensile cast iron, ground for exact fits;
- rigid base weldment to support the ram and guide assembly; and
- solid-state programmable logic controls.
The RP/224 compact broaching machine has been customized to meet any broaching requirements, but each model has the same solid construction that minimizes its footprint in any plant. The machine has been built with quality as the top priority, consistent with every other Ohio Broach machine, at the company’s ISO 9001-certified facility in Willoughby, OH.
This is just one of several types of broaching machines available from Ohio Broach. The portfolio includes other models of vertical machines, as well as horizontal machines and a CNC shaper. From standalone or transfer-type equipment to automatic or semiautomatic loading functions, Ohio Broach machines can fulfill whatever options a client may need.
To learn more, contact Ohio Broach.