Norpak accumulation conveyors and the different models and types availableNovember 17, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Among the many material-handling products available from Norpak Handling are accumulation conveyors. These systems are popular in industries in which workers sort various items. A chief advantage of an accumulation conveyor is the ability to remove drive in specific zones to allow products to collect; the conveyor then integrates stopped items into merges, sorters, palletizers, or other parts of the system. As a leading Hytrol integration partner, Norpak offers innovative Hytrol accumulation systems.
Minimum or zero pressure
The two kinds of accumulation conveyor systems are minimum-pressure and zero-pressure conveyors. The primary difference between individual conveyors is whether accumulation is achieved pneumatically/electrically or mechanically; the latter is more energy-efficient, as no plant air is required.
In a minimum-pressure system, items accumulate behind a stop or meter belt, each against the item ahead, creating a train of products. Pressure results as rollers keep running under this train. These accumulators are typically less expensive than zero-pressure systems and require less maintenance; they are recommended for consistent package sizes and weights or for short conveying distances.
Zero-pressure accumulation conveyors have sensing capabilities that stop products in specific zones. Since the rollers stop running, no pressure is created, so items do not contact each other. These systems move items of differing sizes and weights, making them beneficial for distribution centres and parcel service providers, especially for a wide range of products and long distances.
Two Hytrol models of minimum-pressure accumulation conveyors are available from Norpak, both reversible: the ACC, with a basic design and a minimum two per cent back pressure; and the ACZ, with a six- or eight-inch wide flat belt. Hytrol zero-pressure conveyors available:
- ABEZ. Pneumatically operated, horizontal, belt-driven, live roller conveyor, recommended for applications requiring accumulation with no buildup of line pressure.
- LREZ. Heavy-duty system with a compact drive and 2½-inch-diameter rollers.
- NBEZ. Electrically operated, horizontal, belt-driven, live roller conveyor for high throughput and density.
- NSPEZ. Horizontal, line-shaft-driven system with dynamic zone allocation.
- E24EZ. Electrically operated model featuring quiet operation and easy maintenance.
- BZE24EZ. All-electric operation with low belt friction.
To learn more, contact Norpak.