Bergen Cable collaborated with General Electric Aircraft Engines back in the mid-1980s to create an innovative Safety Cable solution. More than 30 years later, this product is among the most successful and recognized offerings from Bergen and has revolutionized the cable sector. Safety Cable has become the preferred choice of businesses in many industries. Because of its popularity, particularly in the aerospace field, customers ask many common questions about this cable.
Easy and safe to use
Since it is so easy and safe to use, this cable solution is popular in aerospace, the military, and power generation. Safety Cable has benefited Boeing, Rolls Royce, and even NASA among many high-profile companies. Here are answers that Bergen offers to nine of the most frequently asked questions about this unique product:
1. In what material is Safety Cable available?
Safety Cable is usually produced by the Bergen team out of 321 stainless steel. Sometimes, the company uses 304 stainless steel, while high-temperature applications work best with Inconel 600 and 625.
2. Does Bergen repair Safety Cable tools?
Yes. Customers can easily contact the sales department for information.
3. Can Safety Cable be used with another company’s tools?
Yes – Bergen manufactures this cable in compliance with stringent SAE specifications, so it can be used with other tools.
4. How often should these tools be calibrated?
The end user must set a tool calibration schedule.
5. Is Safety Cable available in standard lock-wire diameters?
Yes – in 0.022, 0.032, and 0.04 diameters.
6. Can a piece of Safety Cable be used a second time?
The user might compromise the cable’s integrity by cutting a piece.
7. Can one buy Safety cable tool components?
Individual parts are not available.
8. Is it possible to buy different-sized Safety Cable tool noses?
Individual tool noses are not available, so one must buy a separate tool if a different nose length is needed.
9. How is Safety Cable packaged and sold?
Bergen Cable packages this cable in bundles of 50, so customers always need to order Safety Cable in denominations of 50.
For more information, contact Bergen.