The variety of pipe and flange protectors available
With its unmatched lineup of caps, plugs, and other plastic and rubber protective products, MOCAP offers solutions for numerous applications – for example, pipe and flange protection. These items prevent product damage and contamination during transit, handling, or storage and are designed and built for simple installation and removal.
These pipe and flange protectors are available in a wide variety of sizes, styles, and colours for different sizes of pipes, tubes, and flanges. So the right solution is available for any requirement.
The six variations available
Many of these solutions are in stock for immediate shipment for clients who need them for urgent use. MOCAP makes the following six variations:
- Bolt hole flange protectors – the MBH series, with the most popular flange-protection products on the market, all moulded in black and blue LDPE plastic. Each is designed to fit a ½-to-12-inch nominal-sized pipe flange.
- Outside-fitting flange protectors – the MOF series, with outer protectors moulded in yellow LPDE plastic, which fit the full face and sides of different flange sizes, from ½-to-ten-inch nominal-sized pipe flanges.
- Pipe caps – a high amount of flexibility from the PC series, moulded in black polyethylene plastic and designed to fit many different sizes and styles of threaded pipe ends, from ¼ to 16 NPT, 1/8 to 16 BSP, or eight-to-406-4-millimetre threads. They secure metric, BSP, or NPT threads.
- Pipe plugs – the PP series, for fitting threaded pipe ends running from ½ to six NPT, ½ to six BSP, ot 21.3-to-177.8-millimetre threads. These plugs are made of low-density polyethylene and designed to protect threads from contamination or damage.
- Push-in flange protectors – the MPI series, moulded in yellow polyethylene plastic and suiting imperial (ANSI) and metric (DIN) flanges as per the DIN2627-2638, 150, BS 5504, and ANSIB16,5 standards. Designed to fit flange sizes from ½ an inch to one foot.
- Split hydraulic flange plugs – the SHF series, designed for use on SAE 3,000-pound, four-bolt split hydraulic flanges allowing for maximum flexibility. Fitting flange sizes from ¾ to 2½ inches.
To learn more, contact MOCAP.