Megadyne-Jason supplies various elevator belts for different applicationsMarch 2, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
An important factor in the smooth, reliable operation of manufacturing equipment is belts – and Megadyne-Jason is a premier Canadian source of them. A key example is its line of elevator belts. Megadyne-Jason has a wealth of experience the elevator industry, founded on years of research and development.
Working closely with global manufacturers, Megadyne-Jason supplies elevator solutions with a high level of operational safety, as well as high load/torque and low noise requirements.
Freight elevators, cranes, and more
Megadyne-Jason’s inventory of elevator belts is trusted by customers in a wide variety of vertical-movement applications, as well as bidirectional-movement ones. Popular examples include freight elevators, gantry cranes, human lifts, ASRS systems, palletizing systems, and car overhead conveying systems. Whether the application involves moving people or products, the Megadyne-Jason team understands the requirements and can find the correct solution.
Depending on the workplace environment and the load being elevated, Megadyne-Jason’s technical staff can help to engineer the correct belt for every unique need. Due to the company’s impressive range of standard and customized elevator belts, Megadyne-Jason boasts a large returning customer base in this sector.
This product line includes the following types of timing belts:
- Megalinear. These belts are manufactured from thermoplastic polyurethane for better wear and abrasion resistance.
- Megalinear P3.3. Polyurethane flat belts composed of high-performance steel cords enclosed in a wear-resistant polyurethane body.
- Megalinear GW. High-performance thermoplastic polyurethane belts for high loads, with tooth stiffness and special high-tension, zinc-coated steel cords.
- Megalinear QST. With precise and continuous mesh between belt and pulley, for better reduction in noise levels.
- Open-end RPP steel. Constructed out of EPDM rubber and high-strength steel reinforcement for use in bidirectional, heavy-load applications.
Also available are V-belts and multi-rib belts for elevator needs. UniMatch Classical V-belts are designed to perform in tandem in multiple V-belt drives for efficiency and high performance. PV rubber-ribbed belts are made for high-speed and high-ratio drive applications, constructed with polybutadiene rubber and polyester cords, they flex around small drive pulleys, allowing for high ratio drives to be used in compact drive package design.
To learn more, contact Megadyne-Jason.