Rotary swaging is among Bergen's offerings.
Bergen Cable has been a major cable supplier for decades, with its unsurpassed range of products. Another advantage of working with this organization is its abilities in secondary production processes. With its broad collection of specialized machinery and material, Bergen can handle pull testing, crimping, and more. Clients have come to expect the best possible solutions, with the peak of quality, from these advanced, value-added operations.
The nine secondary production processes
Combining a well-trained, highly skilled team with specialized equipment allows Bergen to process raw metals and plastics into superior product, using such malleable materials as stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum, brass, nylon, Teflon, and PVC.
The nine kinds of secondary production processes that Bergen uses:
- Coated cable stripping – With custom-made stripping equipment, Bergen can strip coated cable or wire rope of up to 3/8 of an inch in diameter. Assemblies have proper holding strength this way.
- Custom packaging – Military-specification packaging for some applications.
- Fused cut cable – Bergen can cut cable electrically, cleanly, quickly, and according to specific lengths with multiple freestanding, tabletop Ewald flash cutters.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic crimping – With hydraulic and pneumatic presses, end fittings can be crimped. Examples include threaded studs, oval sleeves, stop sleeves, button stops, plain balls, and eyelets.
- Part marking – Parts can be identified with electromechanical etching, hot stamping, metal stamping, heat shrink markers, and laser marking.
- Precision machining – Bergen’s in-house machining department uses three kinds of CNC machines and some conventional machinery, with strict quality control and short lead times.
- Processing and finishing – In collaboration with partnering companies, Bergen conducts plating, heat treating, and testing.
- Pull testing – The company performs pull testing on cable assemblies with a breaking strength of up to 22,500 pounds with its United testers and customized digital proof loaders.
- Rotary swaging – In this cold forming process, end fittings are joined to cable or wire rope with a rotary hammer forming process. Rotary swaging results in tight tolerance, fine surface finishing, and higher breaking strength for cylindrical end fittings.
To learn more, contact Bergen.