L. & M. owes much of its success to its team of talented employeesNovember 11, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
After close to 60 years, L. & M. Precision Products Inc. has evolved into one of the country’s largest screw-machine jobbing shops. To a large degree, the company owes its long-time success to its unparalleled team of highly skilled machinists, who collectively have extensive expertise in producing components for virtually all industries in North America.
From management to shipping
What distinguishes the company is that it is 100 per cent Canadian-owned and operated by its staff, and more than half of these employees have been with the firm for two decades or more. This rare level of commitment from its skilled machinists enables L. & M. to consistently manufacture superior precision-machined components. The team is comprised of the following departments:
- Head-Office Management and Engineering. This team blends their considerable expertise to ensure superior precision-machined parts are quoted, produced and shipped to customer demands. Inside-sales and customer-service representatives provide support and timely response to clients, while three professional licenced engineers offer helpful analysis on every job, including design suggestions that can maximize functionality or reduce cost for the customer.
- First Operations. This department employs highly skilled machinists and operators with the expertise and experience to operate various key pieces of equipment, such as Brown & Sharpe, Wickman, Davenport, Hydromat, and CNC machinery.
- Secondary Operations. A fully equipped department that includes detail-oriented operators and setup experts that complete the machining operations on parts and assemblies according to precise customer specs. They are experts in milling, assembly, drilling, tapping, broaching, centreless and plunge grinding, thread rolling, and more.
- Quality Assurance. L. & M.’s fully equipped quality-control team is comprised of qualified professionals that are committed to making sure component products are produced to the high-quality standards that customers demand. Along with a multitude of various types of checking and testing equipment, this department ensures that all measuring instruments are calibrated and are traceable to ISO 17025 and N.I.S.T. (National Institute of Standards and Technology) standards. L. & M. has been ISO 9001-registered since 1997.
- Shipping. This department has controlled processes that ensure on-time delivery for new orders and will also manage customer inventory, from storage to packing and delivery, to suit every schedule or customer demand.
L. & M. is proud to serve its customers as an employee-owned, non-union shop. These experienced, committed, and enthusiastic workers will all do whatever is required to go “above and beyond” the requirements to ensure total customer satisfaction.
To learn more, contact L. & M.