JM Clipper oil seals perform in demanding applicationsJanuary 14, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. supplies essential components for industry. One example: JM Clipper oil seals, recommended for crucial applications. With their one-piece moulded construction and ability to offer application-specific designs when necessary, these seals provide high performance in demanding tasks. They are distinguished by nonmetallic construction, with aramid fibre and elastomer composite material substituting for the metal cases in standard lip seals; this offers considerable advantages in certain situations.
Spring for additional loads
A broad variety of applications benefit from JM Clipper seals: aircraft landing gear, military vehicles, pumps, mixers, fans, compressors, elevators, flywheels, crushers, underground mining machinery, and roll chocks in steel production.
Another distinctive feature of these customizable oil seals is the composite outer diameter that is integral and shaped with the elastomer sealant element; likewise, it can offer a spring for additional loads. This provides many similar attributes to those of metal seals, especially robustness. Among the advantages of Clipper seals from Daemar, over standard seals:
- Bearing of rough bore finishes while accommodating bore tolerances. Flexible outer diameters function as gaskets, which eliminate most leaks through the seals. Metal seals cannot keep up with imperfections in surfaces of bore housings and need extra gaskets or sealants.
- No compression or bore plates required. The flexible, composite elastomer heel has a large outside diameter, which creates a tight interference press-fit, eliminating the need for compression plates for bore retention.
- Non-corrosive storage and service. The elastomer heel and rubber elastomer lip built eliminate concerns with rust and corrosion. The stainless spring enables higher operating temperatures and resists corrosion more effectively than carbon steel springs do.
- Long-lasting, one-piece moulded construction. These oil seals are made with a moulding process stronger than the process that builds metal case rotary seals.
- Resistance to thermal-expansion issues. Thermal expansion often results in sealing complications in metal case seals. Aluminum housing expands at a different rate.
- No special tools or skills needed for installation or removal. Only finger pressure and light mallet tapping are required for installation.
- Over 5,000 pre-split sizes.
- Interchangeability with most other brands.
For more information, contact Daemar.