Hytrol two-strand pallet conveyors carry heavy loads at high speedJanuary 26, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Among the material-handling solutions available from Norpak Handling are Hytrol two-strand pallet conveyors, like the DCEZ-62 and DCEZ-82 models. These are drag chain conveyors that handle pallets. The differences between these conveyors are the sizes of chains and sprockets required and the minimum elevation (twelve inches for the DCEZ-62 and 14 for the DCEZ-82). Both can carry up to 12,000 pounds at 30 feet per minute, making them ideal for conveying pallets.
Less risk of collision
Both of these roller conveyors use EZLogic Zone Controllers to accumulate pallets with no pressure, reducing the risk of collision. This makes the DCEZ-62 and DCEZ-82 perfect for high-speed conveyance and for fragile items. These systems can sense product presence and start and stop zone drives with the EZLogic Accumulation System and EZDrive System, automating accumulation control and release without using pneumatic logic components.
Hytrol has designed these two-strand pallet conveyors to optimize automated features, with high durability and efficiency. Both have a modular assembly and are available with shaft-mounted drives. Key design features include the following: intermediate sections for accumulation zones, ranging from 36 to 66 inches in length; UHMW polyethylene chain guides; pre-lubricated, sealed, self-aligning ball bearings on drives; hardened drive sprockets; conveying speeds of 35 feet per minute; single-pitch conveyor chains; and powder-painted formed steel angle frames with chain support tubes and formed coupling channels.
Other features of these two-strand pallet conveyors from Norpak:
- Zone stop function. Typically used at the discharge end of a line, this built-in feature allows transformation of any zone into a workstation by connecting a dry contact switching device to the auxiliary port of the Zone Controller.
- Dynamic zone allocation. Automatic adjustment of zone length to accommodate various item sizes.
- Unloading zone feature. A timer delays the zone immediately upstream from a removed load, halting driving for a predetermined time.
- Loading zone feature. A zone detects loads placed onto the conveyor with a fork truck and stops the zone from driving, preventing upstream zones from entering the loading area.
- Extra options. Adjustable floor supports, closed tail, and energy-efficient motors.
To learn more, contact Norpak.