Hougen Manufacturing is the world leader in portable mag drillsSeptember 17, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Dobco Equipment is Canada’s premier source of power tools produced by Hougen Manufacturing – including a broad selection of portable mag drills. Based in Swartz Creek, MI, Hougen has been the world leader in magnetic drills for more than half a century, crafting all of them with reliability and high performance.
Many industries rely on Hougen magnetic drills, such as steel fabrication, construction, bridge rebuilding, mining, shipbuilding, transportation, oil and gas, welding shops, power utilities, mobile repair shops, and machinery riggers.
Usable in any position
Also known as portable base drills or portable drill presses, portable mag drills are specialized power tools used to drill holes in steel and other metals. They can be used either on worksites or in shops. Trying to manoeuvre a large steel or pipe into position at a stationary drill press or work centre can be cumbersome and time-consuming. A portable drill allows the worker to take the drill to the work piece rather than attempt to bring the work piece to the drill. Another key advantage of using a portable magnetic drill is that one can operate it in any position: vertical, horizontal, or even upside-down.
Among the models of Hougen portable mag drills available from Dobco:
- HMD130 Ultra Low Profile. Fits in tightest of spots. Equipped with a pilot light. Height of 170 millimetres (mm); weight of 10.8 kilograms (kg); maximum cutter diameter of 35 mm; maximum cut depth of 25 mm.
- HMD904. With pilot light, hidden motor cord, and positive slug ejection. Weight 13.6 kg; maximum cutter diameter 38 mm; maximum cut depth 50 mm.
- HMD905. Pilot light, positive slug ejection, two-speed gearbox, and two-stage magnet. Weight 15.9 kg; maximum cutter diameter 50 mm; maximum cut depth 50 mm.
- HMD906. Designed for carbide cutters. Similar features and technical specifications as the HMD905, but with faster speeds.
- HMD927 Power Feed. For high productivity. Pilot light, two-speed gearbox, two-stage magnet, and positive slug ejection. Weight 19.5 kg; maximum cutter diameter 41 mm; maximum cut depth 50 mm.
Other options include the HMD917, HMD2MT, HMD918, and HMD934.
To learn more, contact Dobco.