Firing Industries carries Hosokawa Micron solutions for battery production.
Hosokawa Micron’s full range of industrial processing equipment is available to Canadian businesses from Firing Industries Ltd., including a broad variety of options for the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries. These batteries have become a necessary part of modern life, indispensable in such products as Smartphones, laptop computers, and even e-bikes.
To meet this market demand, the Hosokawa Micron team makes a range of technologies for this sector, for graphite rounding, lib anode, lib cathode, and more.
Compact with high energy density
As electromobility continues to expand today, lithium-ion batteries will become even more important to society; requirements for these batteries are already increasing. End users desire quicker charging times, higher storage capacities, and longer battery lifespans. In addition, manufacturers of batteries and accumulators need lithium-ion batteries to be as small and compact as possible, while having a high energy density at the same time. Hosokawa Micron knows this, and it makes solutions to satisfy all these needs.
Firing Industries carries Hosokawa Micron equipment for the following areas of battery manufacturing:
- Graphite rounding. The electronic-vehicle market has boosted the demand for high-density, spheroidized graphite; the anode in lithium-ion batteries use natural and synthetic graphite. Hosokawa Micron offers solutions for milling, rounding, and dedusting graphite.
- Lib anode and graphite. Active materials for secondary batteries are applied either to cathode or anode of the electrical current collector after being mixed with binders or solutions. Mills, classifiers, mixers, and granulators are available.
- Lib anode and silicon. Silicon is one of the active materials involved in the charging of anodes. For this, Hosokawa Micron makes jet mills, classifiers, testers, and more.
- Cobalt-based lib cathode. Solutions available for disintegration, synthesizing nano-particles, surface treatment, powder analysis, feeding and product collection, filling and measuring, and protection of the work environment.
- Phosphate-based lib cathode. Iron phosphate lithium LiFeP04 is one of the leading phosphate-based cathode active materials for lithium-ion secondary batteries. Hosokawa Micron carries equipment for the drying process.
- Lib cathode, precursors of cobalt-based manganese. Mixers and jet mills available for production, precision mixing, and drying.
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at email@example.com or (877) 688-0974.