Hi-Tech Duravent offers sawdust hose solutions to keep facilities safeMay 12, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
No other manufacturer offers the enormous selection of hosing and ducting products that Hi-Tech Duravent has. These hoses work for a broad variety of applications, including wood processing and forestry. In these two sectors, sawdust buildup is a common health and safety risk that can result in sawmill fires and explosions. So Hi-Tech Duravent offers several sawdust hose solutions for the vital undertaking of dust elimination in these facilities.
Preventing fires and breathing issues
While fire is a frequent hazard for employees in woodworking and pulp and paper, airborne dust can make breathing difficult and dangerous. Hi-Tech Duravent’s product lineup includes a series of flexible hoses built to eliminate sawdust, which makes an enormous different in sawmill environments.
Hi-Tech Duravent counts the following models dust and chip collection – also serving as sawdust hose solutions:
- ARD – An economical pick for moving high volumes of air, with a clear polyvinylchloride (PVC) wall reinforced with a spring wire helix.
- CVD – Offers great flexibility and tight bending characteristics. Made of PVC reinforced by a wire helix.
- Dust Flex – Highly recommended for dust and fume removal, and available in three designs and three colours: black, grey, and clear.
- RFH – Very high chemical resistance. Made of black thermoplastic rubber, reinforced with a wire helix.
- TBH – Black polypropylene hose, economical for dust and fumes, with great flex-fatigue resistance. Reinforced by a wire helix.
- UFD – Thermoplastic polyurethane hose with high abrasion resistance and a clear design, allowing users to locate blockage. The UFD.020 is a lightweight alternative, while the UFD.045 offers a heavier wall.
- ULD – Light-duty urethane hose with two-ply construction, plus excellent flexibility and compression.
These sawdust hose solutions are all suitable for use in a wide range of temperatures, as low as -50 degrees Celsius or as high as 90 degrees Celsius. Chemical or moisture resistance are other common advantages of these products.
To learn more, contact Hi-Tech Duravent.