HARTING literally wrote the book on the top trends in connectivity.
HARTING Canada is part of a worldwide enterprise that remains a global leader in industrial connectivity, so it is always ahead of what is current in the market. All of the corporation’s solutions result from careful study of, and immersion into, top connectivity trends in international industry. A few years ago, the HARTING team used its experience and expertise to cite the five dominant trends in the connectivity field – which are currently transforming businesses and evolving the market.
Smart connectivity is the future
With its unmatched understanding of the international connectivity market, HARTING can identify unique industrial connectivity trends before its competitors do. The five most dominant trends that the company has recognized:
- Connectors outperforming hard-wiring and lugging. Hardwiring is an inconvenient practice for users who need to install, troubleshoot, test, or maintain applications. Some manufacturers choose hardwiring because it is slightly less expensive for designing applications and installing them once. But connectors are winning the battle because they are more time- and cost-efficient.
- Options in form factor. HARTING connectors are available in two different shapes: circular and rectangular. The shape of a connector has a significant effect on its user-friendliness.
- More in less space with miniaturization. Miniature connectors have significant advantages. Users can combine multiple connection types into one device, component shapes use device or panel space efficiently, and features are more integrated.
- Easy flexibility with modularization. Connectors enable extra flexibility. Hardwiring makes modular robots and production floors impractical and expensive. Even at the component level, customizable hybrid connectors with standard components allow modularization.
- Smart connectivity is the future of connectors. As newer connectors take action on the media as it passes through, smart connectivity helps to reduce downtime, boost operational efficiency and reliability, and create the most secure location for integration.
The HARTING crew has written the 5 Trends in Connectivity Playbook to explain these industrial connectivity trends in detail. Customers can download this guide at this link.
Trust in HARTING’s unsurpassed connectivity expertise to find the appropriate solution for any individual need. Understanding the current trends helps to prepare for the future.
To learn more, contact HARTING.