Explosion proof tablets by ECOM keep workers safe and productiveMarch 26, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
ECOM Instruments makes world-class solutions for dangerous work conditions – all of them available in Canada via Process Instruments and Components Inc. (PIC). A member of the Pepperl+Fuchs family, ECOM is renowned as a team of experts in hazardous workplaces, and its lineup includes explosion proof tablets in several designs, including its TAB-EX 02 series. These tablets are available for Windows and Android, in different models for Division 1/Zone 1 and Division 2/Zone 2.
Based on Galaxy Tab Active2
TAB-EX 02 explosion proof tablets are rugged instruments that minimize costs as they ensure accurate data capture, real-time information, and decision making. They are based on the innovative Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 and work with the high-performance Android operating system, with a powerful Octa Core processor with 1.6 gigahertz and three gigabytes of RAM.
This upgraded hardware allows these explosion proof tablets to identify objects in installation through augmented-reality applications. All underlying data are delivered by the software into the operator’s field of vision in real time, as sharing is enabled within a company network. Augmented reality results in more operation and maintenance. These tablets also comply with the ATEX, IECEx, and NEC & CEC safety standards.
Among the technical specifications for the TAB-EX 02 series from PIC:
- Battery: 4,450 mAh; up to 11 hours of battery life.
- Camera: eight MP AF plus five MP.
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (300 Mbps) in LTE model; Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 plus five gigahertz); Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.2.
- Dimensions: rugged and DZ2, 127.6 by 214.7 by 9.9 millimetres; DZ1, 162.1 by 256 by 33.3 millimetres.
- Display: 1,280 by 800 pixels (WXGA), eight inches, TFT, 480 nit brightness.
- Operating system: Android Oreo 8.1.
- Operating temperature: from -20 to 55 degrees Celsius.
- Security: KNOX 2.8, Facial Recognition.
- Sensors: Facial Recognition, Accelerometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, RGB Light, Proximity.
Watch the video below to see the ECOM TAB-EX 02 in action:
To learn more, contact PIC.