ELK lightweight electric hoists by IR offer durability, modularity, flexibilityMarch 30, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Ingersoll Rand (IR) is one of the world’s great manufacturers of industrial tools and equipment, which are available in Canada through Dobco Equipment Ltd. This includes solutions for lifting productivity – like the ELK series of electric hoists. Packed in an extremely lightweight and modern design, these chain hoists provide durability, modularity, and flexibility in tough, industrial-grade applications. They are built to meet an H4 duty cycle classification and also meet the M5 or M4 duty cycle rating for manufacturing tasks.
Interchangeable gearbox for reduced maintenance
The ELK series is one of several offerings in IR’s class-leading hoist family, alongside the CLK, MLK, and HLK premium lines. These chain hoists have a variety of features that meet the requirements of applications in areas where they are most needed, in such sectors as general manufacturing, wind energy, construction, foundries, and rental.
Among the major features of these electric hoists from Dobco:
- built-in motor with cooling fins and fan wheel, for reduced operating temperature and disassembly time;
- interchangeable gearbox for reduced maintenance time, components, and complexity, which is perfect for mobile tasks;
- IP65 rating with built-in drains, for water resistance and dust-tight protection, especially for outdoor applications;
- custom chain profile with magnesium phosphate coating, for corrosion resistance and longer lifespan;
- three-stage helical gearing for quiet operation;
- closed gearbox with permanent, self-contained lubrication;
- hook-mount, lug-mount, push/pull-trolley, and motorized-trolley upper suspensions available;
- custom configurations available (e.g., ATEX-certified, food-grade, tandem, VFD, wind-turbine custom)
- 5:1 safety rating; and
- three-year warranty.
The ELK series also has ergonomic, impact-resistant pendant control for comfortable and durable operation, and its lightweight, compact profile enables quicker, safer installation and disassembly.
Several models of these electric hoists are available, either single-phase (115/230 volts) or three-phase (230/460/575/380 volts). Capacities range from 275 to 11,000 pounds; speeds vary from five to 9.6 metres per minute; headroom goes from 381 to 874 millimetres; body weights range from 17 to 117 kilograms; and chain weights vary from 0.34 to 3.53 kilograms per metre.
With IR, the right hoisting solution is always available.
For more information, contact Dobco.