ECOM explosion proof tablet minimizes costs while keeping workers safeApril 8, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Process Instruments and Components Inc. (PIC) teams up with many renowned manufacturers of solutions for hazardous work environments to supply their wares in Canada – including ECOM Instruments, a member of the Pepperl+Fuchs family. Renowned as experts in dangerous work conditions, ECOM makes the TAB-EX 02 design of explosion proof tablet.
The TAB-EX 02 series is available for both Windows and Android and comes in different models for Division 1/Zone 1 and Division 2/Zone 2 environments.
A powerful Octa Core processor
Each explosion proof tablet in the TAB-EX 02 line is a rugged instrument that minimizes costs while it ensures accurate data capture, real-time information, and decision making. The device is based on the innovative Samsung Galaxy TabActive2, and it functions with the high-performance Android operating system, with a powerful Octa Core processor with 1.6 gigahertz and three gigabytes of RAM.
Using this upgraded hardware, this explosion proof tablet can identify objects in installation through augmented-reality applications. All underlying information is delivered by the software into the user’s field of vision in real time, since the unit allows sharing within a company network. Augmented reality leads to more operation and maintenance. This series also complies with the ATEX, IECEx, and NEC & CEC safety standards.
Technical specifications for the TAB-EX 02 line from PIC include the following:
- Battery: 4,450 mAh; up to 11 hours of battery life.
- Camera: eight MP AF plus five MP.
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (300 Mbps) in LTE model; Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 plus five gigahertz); Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.2.
- Dimensions: rugged and DZ2, 127.6 by 214.7 by 9.9 millimetres; DZ1, 162.1 bu 256 by 33.3 millimetres.
- Display: 1,280 by 800 pixels (WXGA), eight inches, TFT, 480 nit brightness.
- Operating system: Android Oreo 8.1.
- Operating temperature: from -20 to 55 degrees Celsius.
- Security: KNOX 2.8, Facial Recognition.
- Sensors: Facial Recognition, Accelerometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, RGB Light, Proximity.
To see the ECOM TAB-EX 02 series in action, check out this video:
For more information, contact PIC.