Dupont Kalrez seals maintain O-ring integrity, reduce maintenance costsApril 8, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. is the go-to source for essential components for industry, including a wide variety of O-rings. One option in this category is DuPont’s lineup of high-performance Kalrez seals, which are the perfluoroelastomer parts of choice for customers who need the peak of the lot for demanding sealing applications.
As innovative O-ring compounds, these elastomer components seal more effectively and last longer than do other elastomers in challenging process environments.
Offering stability at high temperatures
Dupont Kalrez seals have advanced properties that help to maintain seal integrity, lower maintenance and operating costs, and improve worker safety. These unique elastomer seals are resistant to more than 1,800 different chemicals, and they offer stability at temperatures of up to 327 degrees Celsius – the same level that users get out of PTFE. Reliable long-term service with numerous aggressive industrial- and electronic-grade chemicals is another key benefit.
These O-rings are recommended for such applications as highly aggressive chemical processing, semiconductor wafer processing, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas recovery, and petroleum and aerospace tasks. Kalrez seals from Daemar also help to prevent semiconductor process contamination by decreasing particulates and extractables and by resisting degradation in harsh plasma. They also offer low out-gassing in vacuum-sealing tasks.
These perfluoroelastomer parts come in standard sizes or custom shapes, made at ISO 9000 and AS 9100-registered facilities. Among the designs available:
- 0090. Durable, reliable seals for drilling and completion tools or valves and pumps.
- 1050LF. Black-filled carbon seals with strong hot-water and steam resistance, plus high amine resistance.
- 4079. Black, low-compression set products with exceptional chemical resistance, for wet and dry semiconductor process environments.
- 6375. Built for high performance in acids, bases, amines, steam, ethylene oxide, and other aggressive chemicals.
- 6380. For chemical processes that involve hot, aggressive amines.
- 7075. For general-purpose use in chemicals or hydrocarbon processing.
- 7090. For applications requiring higher hardness or modulus than standard uses do, and sealing tasks needing extrusion resistance at high temperatures.
DuPont also makes seals for food, beverages, and pharmaceuticals, all of which meet United States Food and Drug Administration standards.
For more information, contact Daemar.