Daemar O-rings can seal extremely high pressures in many applicationsFebruary 11, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Businesses get a selection of essential components from Daemar Inc. that is unsurpassed in Canadian industry. Customers can choose from retaining, sliding, protective, and aligning products, plus a variety of sealing units – including 13 varieties of O-rings, plus custom extrusions and pack programs. These help to enhance many common applications.
These versatile rings from Daemar are available in 349 standard inch sizes, as set up by the Society of Automotive Engineers.
Easy units to install
Simple in concept, O-rings are more popular than any other seals. They can be very sophisticated in usage; for example, workers can use them as double-acting seals. These components are easy to install and economical, and they can seal pressure higher than 5,000 pounds per square inch in either dynamic or static applications.
Customized O-rings are available for customers who require sizes outside the standards. Daemar’s full lineup includes the following options:
- Aflas (TFE). These units offer an advantageous blend of high-temperature, chemical, and electrical resistance.
- Backup. Washer-style components that prevent seals from extruding through gaps when under pressure.
- Buna (Nitrile). These O-rings resist many fluids, plus abrasion and tear. High tensile strength, high elongation, and low compression set.
- Custom vulcanized. Tailored to specific application requirements.
- EDPM (ethylene propylene). O-rings with high tensile strength, elongation, high low-temperature flexibility, and good heat aging.
- HSN-80. These are better than NBR in low-brittle temperature, oil, and heat, with high resistance to sour gasoline and ozone.
- Kalrez. Units that resist more than 1,800 chemicals, with high-temperature stability.
- Metallic. These prevent gas or liquid leaks under adverse sealing conditions.
- PTFE-encapsulated. O-rings for harsh sealing environments, decreasing downtime wherever corrosive liquids or gases can result in premature seal failure.
- Quad-rings. Great sealing characteristics for many tasks.
- Silicone. Components with high resistance to temperature extremes and dry heat.
- Teflon. These are perfect for high temperatures or corrosive fluids or gases. Impervious to harsh chemicals, acid, and gases. Designed according to military specifications.
- Viton (fluorocarbon). O-rings with high-temperature stability. Resistance against chemicals, petroleum, weathering, ozone, and oxygen.
To learn more, contact Daemar.