Continental conveyor cover solutions: how their design makes them effectiveJune 19, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Full material-handling systems are the main reason why businesses across the country have relied on Continental Conveyor Ltd. for close to six decades. But the company also offers individual components, such as idlers, pulleys, and conveyor cover solutions. These units are used to protect transported materials and conveyor belting, idlers, and structure.
Conveyor covers are designed specifically to improve employee safety, reduce material loss from wind, and prevent rain and grime from damaging belts and idlers.
Symmetrical design enables easy placement
Continental Conveyor cover solutions have a unique construction with the goal of protecting all materials undercover. The company manufactures a holistic solution by offering specialized mounting brackets for special conveyor structure types, extended sides to enclose the return belt run, and nonstandard support band centres and hood profiles to accommodate horizontal and vertical curves.
Other important features and parts that go into Continental’s conveyor cover solutions:
- support bands and hoods, made of G90 galvanized materials, though also available in aluminum or stainless steel;
- a design that prevents ingress of water into the reinforced edge, minimizing the risk of corrosion;
- a symmetrical design that enables easy placement on structures, fast installation, and safe access to both sides of the belt;
- open position brackets that hold the hoods in place while users access the conveyor;
- support bands with correctly positioned holes for mounting of eye bolts for safety pull cords;
- ¾ hoods that allow fast viewing of the belt from one side;
- a tight fit between the bottom edge of the hood and the support band, to ensure top protection; and
- wide support bands to prevent gaps and improve weather seals.
These conveyor covers also have specialized mounting systems that ensure a solid fit to any system in any working environment. These are available in standard foot or 15-inch foot. Cover models themselves are available in full-hood and ¾-hood designs; both of these versions range from 457 to 1,524 millimetres in belt width, and five to ten kilograms in support-band weight.
Trust Continental for the best in conveyor accessories.
To learn more, contact Continental.