Clippard’s Eclipse proportional isolation valves are ideal for critical applicationsMarch 17, 2021 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
One of the advantages of trusting industrial equipment from Wainbee Limited is the innovation. The supplier offers world-class solutions that always go a step further in fulfilling all of today’s and tomorrow’s manufacturing needs. For example, Clippard makes the Eclipse line of proportional isolation valves – two-way, stepper-controlled units that lead the industry in durability and performance. Each one achieves this stellar reputation by using the most powerful and robust miniature linear actuator available today.
Custom flow profiles enabled
The Clippard Eclipse valve series is the ideal pick for critical applications for liquid and gas delivery, and for medical, analytical, and industrial automation, when they require ultra-fine resolution and repeatability. Custom flow profiles are enabled by the unique design of these proportional isolation valves. Among other benefits are fast response (less than two milliseconds of reaction time), great linearity (less than four per cent of full-scale), no leaks (under 0.05 standard cubic centimetres per minute), life expectancy of more than 1,000,000 cycles, and repeatability of less than ½ a per cent of full travel.
Specifications of Eclipse proportional isolation valves from Wainbee:
- Ambient/environment: zero to 82 degrees Celsius
- Current/phase: 0.49 amps
- Driver required: bipolar chopper drive
- Flow range at 30 psig: air, zero to eight litres per minute -0/+10 per cent (0.28 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)); water, zero to 210 millilitres per minute -0/+10 per cent (0.0074 scfm)
- Maximum flow resolution: 0.19 millilitres per minute (water) and 0.007 litres per minute (air) at 30 psig per full step, depending on pressure
- Medium: fluids and gases
- Mounting: manifold or flat bottom (ZDVF)
- Port seals: FKM standard; EPDM and others upon request
- Position resolution: 0.00006 inches per step
- Power consumption: 2½ watts nominal, only during adjustment
- Pressure range: Vac to 30 psig
- Proof pressure (over-pressure): 50 psig
- Supply voltage to motor driver: 20 VDC at 30 psig
- Typical cycle time for full travel: 1.1 seconds at 1,000 steps per second
- Valve seals: none
- Wetted material: other materials available, depending on porting
To learn more, contact Wainbee.