AMG water separator series by SMC removes water drops from airJuly 27, 2020 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
SMC Pneumatics manufactures actuators, process and control valves, chillers, and vacuum products, all of which are available in Canada through Advanced Motion and Controls Ltd. In addition, SMC produces a line of air-preparation equipment, including the AMG water separator series, with main line filters that remove mist and particles in compressed air.
Available in several sizes, the SMC AMG150C-550C/AMG650-850 New Style water separators have a variety of optional combinations to satisfy any application needs.
Creating clean, cool, dry air
This water separator series is installed on air-pressure lines to remove water drops from compressed air. As with other main line filters made by SMC, each water separator in this lineup removes particles that are difficult to remove with standard air filters.
The AMG water separator series consists of units that have possible modular connections and a water removal rate of 99 per cent. Each of these devices provides a maximum operating pressure of one megapascal. Customers can choose from a variety of options, like fluororubber material, medium air pressure, a drain guide, IN-OUT reversal direction, degreasing wash, and white vaseline.
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. offers the following product options among SMG AMG water separators:
- Accessory – bracket available.
- Air pressure – either standard pressure, or medium pressure of 1.6 megapascals.
- Auto drain – options: drain cock with auto drain; or N.C. or N.O. drain.
- Body size – seven sizes available, from 150C to 850 (300 to 12,000 litres per minute).
- Degreasing wash – body/housing wash with white vaseline available.
- Drain guide – ¼ female-threaded guide available.
- Made-to-order – options include X12 (white-vaseline specifications), X15 (IN-OUT flange), and X26 (N.C. or N.O. auto drain, or drain piping type).
- Port size – eight port sizes available, from 1/8 to two.
- Rubber material – standard rubber or fluororubber.
- Thread – Rc, F (G), or N (NPT).
SMC air-preparation equipment protects downstream components and keeps them operating at peak efficiency. These water separators handle challenging environments while creating clean, cool, dry air that suits pneumatic systems.
To learn more, contact Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd.