We offer Teflon products such as rods, tubes, moulded sheets, skived tape, and flexible heat shrink tubing. As the most slippery substance available, PTFE is the most widely recognized of all fluoroplastic materials. It offers a range of benefits that begin with the lowest friction coefficient of any solid material. It can withstand continuous use at extreme temperatures, from -240 C up to 260 C. It is also inert to virtually all chemicals, and will not weather due to outdoor use. Our products are available in a wide range of dimensions, styles, and Teflon types including virgin and 25 per cent glass filled.
Here is some information on our various products fabricated from Teflon:
- Sheets including virgin, glass filled, and other fill varieties. They come in sizes of 48″ by 48″, and thicknesses ranging from 1/32″ up to 3″.
- Tape such as etched, threadseal, and adhesive-backed types. They range in widths from as small as 1/4″ up to 48″. Thicknesses range from .002¿ to .125¿.
- Rods including extruded and moulded types, ranging from 1/8″ up to 8″ in diameter, and available in lengths of 1′, 6′, or 12′.
- Tubes with heavy wall designs. The outside diameters range from 1/4″ up to 34-1/2″, and they come in lengths of 6′.
- Cylinders including virgin PTFE, carbon graphite, and other PTFE formulations. The available outside diameters range from 1-1/4″ to 34-1/2″ and lengths range from 6′ to 12′.
PTFE product expertise
Johnston Industrial Plastics Limited was the first distributor of plastic shapes in Canada, as we have been fabricating, machining and cutting plastics since 1942. As a result of that experience, we are able to offer our many customers the best materials, services, and finished products.
PTFE product industries
Our fabrications are used in many different industries. Our sheets are used for applications such as gaskets, valve components, and bearings. The tapes we supply are used for everything from anti-stick linings to thread sealing for oil & gas lines and food processing systems. PTFE rods are often employed for bearings, bushings, and spacers in co-axial cable. Visit our website for more information on the applications for our products.